One big question I've been asked lately is for ways to get and save up your money to buy American Girl products. So, I thought it would be fun to share a few of my tips with you!!
- When you get money for special occasions (Birthday, Christmas, Easter, ect) save half or part of it for whatever American Girl item (or doll) you want to get. A fun thing to do is to get an envelope and catalog you don't mind cutting. Cut out the catalog picture of your item and glue it onto the envelope and decorate it. You'll have a place to put your money to save, and when you see the picture you won't be as tempted to spend it. Keep putting your extra money in the envelope and after a few months check to see if you have enough for your item. It will be so fun to spend your money on something you've been waiting for!
- Get Creative! Make some fun crafts to sell, and with your parent's help you could set up an Etsy Shop!
- Ask your parents if you could do extra chores or things around the house that could go towards your savings.
- Consider adopting an American Girl doll that needs your Tender Loving Care. There are tons of used dolls on Ebay that need your love. Used dolls don't cost much money, and only take a little bit of work to make them look beautiful again. My doll Abbey is from Ebay, and I got her for around $60. She was almost brand new, and I love her! (If you ever have purchased a doll from Ebay, I would love to hear your story!)
- Remember to save! The hard part is to save, but just think of the day when your item (or doll) comes in the mail. It will be so worth it!
I hope these tips help you! Do you have any saving tips to share with us? Have you ever saved up for an American Girl item? :)