Every year I look forward to the 4th of July, especially the fireworks...and sparklers! I love sparklers and can never grow tired of doing them! :)
Today I'm going to show you how to make some sparklers for your doll too! These are so easy and fun, let's get started!
First you'll need some supplies:
- Red, white, and blue garland streamers. (I found this 4th of July headband on sale at Michael's for only $1--perfect!) You can also use shiny ribbon.
- Duct Tape (I found some with red and blue tie-dye pattern)
- Ribbon in red, white, and blue
- Wooden Kabob Stick, a straw or pencil work great too!
- And a parent/guardian to help you!
Once you have your supplies, take your wooden stick and cut it to 4 inches.
I did two sticks to make two sparklers :)
Then remove the streamers from the headband.
Cut the streamers in half, they should be about 3 inches long.
To make the sparkler even more festive, add some ribbon in the mix. These are cut to 3 inches also.
Gather the streamers and ribbon together and place on the sticky side of a piece of duct tape. Then begin wrapping around your wooden stick.
When that's done, continue wrapping the wooden stick with duct tape.
And...you're done! Ta-da! Now your doll can enjoy some 4th of July fun!
Make sure you make enough for every doll--they go fast!
Rebecca loves her sparklers!! If you make some for your doll, I'd LOVE to see! Feel free to send me a picture at [email protected]
Stay tuned for more 4th of July fun this week! I'm so excited to celebrate with all of you!
Happy crafting! :)