I'm a big fan of using ribbon in doll hairstyles, so this Flower Loop Hair Bow was such a fun project to make! I couldn't believe how easy it was too. The only hard part is choosing what color of pretty ribbon to use since there are tons to choose from! Want to know how to make one for your doll? Let's get started!
First you'll need some supplies:
- Ribbon in any color or pattern (I used two different colors, but you can use as many as you like!)
- Sewing Needle & Thread
- Hot Glue
- Embellishment, button, or other decoration
- Plain Metal Hair Clip (The "alligator" ones work best! You can get these at any craft store.)
1. Begin by cutting out four strips of ribbon, each five inches in length. 2. Stack them together. If you used two different kinds of ribbon, stack them in a pattern. 3. Fold the stack and make sure any patterned side is face-down. 4. Thread your needle, then poke it through the middle of the stack. (You might want a parent to help you) 5. Separate the ribbon, fanning them out around the needle. 6. Take one piece of ribbon and place the end on the needle. 7. Continue folding the ribbons onto the needle. 8. After you're done with the ribbon, you can adjust the pieces if you need to. Then, bring the needle up and then down again, making a few stitches to hold it in place.
Then you can decorate your hair bow with an embellishment or a button! I got these Recollection brand heart ones at Michael's Craft Store. Glue the embellishment in the middle of the bow.
The last step is to glue the metal clip to the back of your hair bow! To make my metal clip look nicer, I lined it with some ribbon too. Here's how you can do it, it's really easy!
1. Open up the clip. 2. Slip a 3 inch piece of ribbon between the clip and then close it. 3. Put hot glue on the clip and bring the ribbon over the clip, pressing down so that it's secure. 4. Do the same thing to the opposite side, so that both sides are covered in ribbon.
After you're done, glue it to the back of the hair bow!
And, you're finished! Just put it in your doll's hair and instantly, she's so stylish! :)
Kenley looks pretty wearing her hair bow! I hope you have fun making one for your doll. If you do, I'd LOVE to see. Feel free to send me a picture at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Crafting, enjoy! :)